Favorite things to do

  • Travel
  • Hanging out with friends, family and especially Charlie and Maggie
  • Swimming
  • Walking/Hiking
  • Snow and water Skiing
  • Riding Horses
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

This is a video that Baby Miles family made in memory of his life!

BAbay

Happy 70th Birthday Mom!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow and Ari and stuff

This was our neighborhood a week or so ago.  Lots of snow and freezing outside!

Charlie begged to go outside, so I got him all bundled up, hat, boots, gloves, snow pants, all of it, and guess how long we were out there?  Less than 5 minutes!

And then there was Ari!  Ripping through my house like a Tasmanian devil!  Every room in my house, every little thing she could get her hands on, nothing was left untouched!!

It all started last Friday night...Clay and Amy and their 2 kiddos decided to come down to Gretna and spend the night here.  So Friday they filled the guest bed.  Saturday as Clay and family were leaving, my sister Betsy, her husband, the two girls and my Mom came.  They dropped off the girls and went shopping.  Yes, I would much rather be stuck in a house with a 7 month old, a 2 year old, a 3 year old and a 4 year old, all day, than go shopping on a Saturday!!!  Needless to say, Charlie and Ari DO NOT get along!  Faith and Charlie were constantly shutting doors on Ari, insisting that she could NOT HANG out with them!!  At one point Faith and her partner in crime, Charlie, were in the bathroom with the door closed.  Earlier I had put some snow in the bathtub for them to keep them occupied.  I knew there was probably something goin on in there that I should be concerned about, especially when I heard Faith say, "we are going to be in a lot of trouble!"  Hmmmm....Do I really want to go in there?  Well, I did, and I found them standing at the toilet with the biggest grins on their faces, stirring snow in the toilet with my cooking spoons!!  It was cute!  And really my toilet was just cleaned, and there's nothing in my toilet that a little Shaklee dish detergent can't clean.  But did I let them continue?  Nope!  I wouldn't want them to think they could get away with stuff like that. :)

But to finish the rest of the story, Saturday night that whole gang spent the night.  The guest bed filled by Kenton and Betsy.  Sunday morning we all got up and headed to church.  Aunt Peg and fam showed up a few minutes earlier to join us also.  They spend most of the day hanging out, but Allie had to get on the road so she could do some last minute shopping.

Later that day, Anthony got a phone call from his parents saying they were in Fremont for Taylor's concert and wondered if we had an open bed...you betchya!  They were in luck, the guest bed was open, so they got it!  It was a great weekend and we all had a lot of fun.  And our guest bed is always open!  Until we have like 10 kids and there's bunk beds in every corner of our house. :)  HAHA!


No comments:

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

My new 4 wheeler

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."- Jim Rohn

Charlie's 2nd birthday

Knotty Pine

Uncle Allen's Horsie

Uncle Allen's Horsie
Charlie takes after his mama

Cousins

Cousins
Faith and Charlie