Sunday, May 6th, my sister Betsy and I woke up bright and early and drove to Lincoln for the Half Marathon. She recently started running and decided to do the half with our niece, Wendy. She called me one day and asked me if I would do it with her. I told her heck no! I'm not running a half marathon! And then she told me that I was. And I had no choice. So I said, fine, I'll walk it. So here we are, 0615 in the morning, little sleep and heading off to the start line.
This is Joni, Kenton's cousin, and her friend Shon. They were nice enough to let us tag along for the day. Since Bets and I had no clue what we were doing! :) They kept telling me to just run the thing, because it would take me all day to walk it. I still argued and said, absolutely not!! I have a bad knee, I don't run, and I didn't train. So that was where we left it. They were going to run. I was going to walk. They were going to wait four hours for me to get done. End of story.
Well, it turns out, I started running, as to not look like a dork at the start line, and ended up running most of it. The crowds in Lincoln were unbelievable! So mush enthusiasm and energy to push the runners to the finish line! Bets did great, finishing in 2 hours!!!! She actually could have finished in under two, but was cautious, being it was her first one. I came in at 2 hrs. and 36 mins. I had no idea what to expect from the race. I didn't know if I would be able to walk 13.1 miles, run at all, even finish. I joked that I would have to call my nephew, Luke and have him come pick me up somewhere. But here we all are. Finished. Done. And smiles on our faces!!!
It was a great experience and I'm so happy I did it with my sister at my side!!
























No comments:
Post a Comment